12 Aug Barcode Scanner Troubleshooting
Posted in Troubleshoot
If you have a POS-X barcode scanner that is not working, and is showing up on the computer as an unknown device, try the steps below to fix the issue.
The first step to resolve these issues is to unplug the scanner from the computer, and then plug it in again to a different USB port. If that does not resolve the issue, follow the steps below.
Restart the Service:
- Click the start button in the bottom left corner and then open up the “Control Panel”. From the Control Panel click on “Administrative Tools”, and then double click on “Services”
- Find the “Human Interface Device Access” service and then restart it, if the service is not running, start the service. Close the services window.
Update the Driver:
- Click the start button in the bottom left corner of the screen, from there right click on “Computer” then click on manage. In the window that opens up, click on “Device Manger” from the list on the right.
- Right click on the unknown device and then click update driver software.
- Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”
- Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
- From the list, click keyboards, then click next.
- For the manufacture click on “(standard keyboards)”, then for the model click “HID Keyboard Device”
- Once you have that selected click next, if you get a warning about installing the driver, click yes to allow it to install. After the driver installs, reboot the computer while the scanner is plugged in.