03 Apr Installing Chinese and Korean Languages on TP5 Pro Printer
Posted in FAQ
The ION TP5 Pro printer will support Chinese or Korean printing, simply load the font file for the language you need following the instructions below.
- Download the appropriate binary file.
- Open the configuration utility.
- Select the USB printer.
- Press the Download Fonts button.
- Press the button with 3 dots, navigate to the download location, select the binary file you downloaded above, and press the Download button. You should get a message that says it was successful once it’s done.
- Shut the computer down and turn it back on. Do not restart.
- Open the configuration utility back up and press the command test button.
- Send this command to the printer to select Chinese, Japanese, or Korean languages (enable multibyte characters): 1D 47 00 00 0A
- For chinese, send one of the following commands:
- Simplified Chinese: 12 28 53 20 00
- Traditional Chinese: 12 28 53 20 01
If you need to go back to English, you can disable multibyte characters by sending 1D 47 00 01 0A to the printer.